The Pickle Pledge and The Pickle Challenge for Charity were the first steps in a cultural transformation process at Midland Heath that resulted in:
- Midland Memorial Hospital going from all-time low to all-time high patient satisfaction in less than a year.
- Employee engagement going from below average to the highest it’s ever been over that same period of less than a year.
- A recurring annual Cultural Productivity Benefit of between seven and ten million dollars per year. • An outstanding reputation in the community and national recognition in journal articles, books, and podium presentations.
- Midland health being the first healthcare organization in America to be honored with the INSPIRIED
- Award for values and culture excellence.
- Most important, by taking The Pickle Pledge to heart, hundreds of Midland Health employees have made dramatic improvements in their own personal lives.
In this book Joe Tye and Bob Dent share the strategies used and the lessons learned from the culture change project at Midland Health, and the way The Pickle Pledge and the Pickle Challenge for Charity have helped hundreds of other healthcare organizations promote a more positive and productive culture of ownership in a fun and lighthearted way.
Joe Tye is CEO and Head Coach of Values Coach Inc. in Solon, Iowa. Bob Dent is Senior Vice President of Midland Health and COO/CNO of Midland Memorial Hospital in Midland, Texas.